Massachusetts now requires Uber driver to carry higher insurance policies to protect personal injury victims.
Massachusetts lawmakers over the weekend passed a bill regulating transportation network companies, or ridesharing firms like Uber and Lyft, that includes
Massachusetts’ highest court recently ruled in a case of first impression that a workers’ compensation insurer is not entitled to a lien on the money award
Find out how much your case may be worth with our new personal Injury Calculator http://smmurphyslaw.com/practice-areas/personal-injury/personal-injury-calculator/
Injured employees are entitled to keep money awarded for pain and suffering, regardless of any workers’ compensation benefits they receive, according to a Supreme Judicial Court ruling.
Spring is a not only a good time to clean, organize and get rid of unnecessary clutter. It is also a good time to update your important documents and information. Estate planning documents and banking information need to be updated on a regular basis. Here are five important updates you should make every year:
- Will – Does your Will have an accurate list of your assets, beneficiaries and appoints a suitable Personal Representative? Throughout your lifetime you accumulate and dispose of assets. Similarity, your relationships with those around you evolve and change. Your Will should be updated to reflect these changes. If you have not created a Will you should make one.
- Healthcare Proxy and Durable Power of Attorney – Make sure the people you appointed are still the right people to act on your behalf.
- Bank, Retirement, Investment and Saving Accounts – These accounts should have your current information. You should list beneficiaries on accounts that allow you to name beneficiaries. This helps to avoid probate later.
- Insurance Policies – Do you have the right amount of coverage? Do you need to change the beneficiaries?
- Real Estate – Make sure the information contained with each deed is correct. You may want to consider the potential benefits of placing real estate into a trust or an LLC.
Reviewing and updating these items annually will help to prevent unforeseen problems and allow you to have a more relaxed summer.